Sunday, April 19, 2009

What is a liquid facelift, and can it take care of my turkey gobbler?

A liquid facelift is not a new concept, but is the packaging of several highly effective anti-aging treatments that are complementary. The term usually refers to combing Botox, fillers and chemical peels to effectively treat the wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes, fill in the tear trough hollow, smile folds and puppet lines, and return the skin to more youthful color, texture and appearance. These treatments typically have minimal downtime. Botox and fillers are temporary. The first permanent filler was recently introduced to the market. Chemical peels come in various strengths and the results are dependent on the depth of the peel. This is a perfect solution for someone who is not yet ready for the cost or downtime of a full facelift, or simply does not have enough facial aging to warrant surgery. The cost varies depending on how much correction is needed but typically is between $1000-2000. It is important, as always, to ensure experience in any treatment rendered to the face- you can save money on toilet paper instead.
Now the downsides- the liquid facelift is for the face, not the neck, and will not fix the turkey gobbler. Only a facelift will effectively treat this area in a natural, lasting way.
Enjoy the holidays- and keep the turkey gobbler on the plate!
Email questions to drwinslow@indyface.com- and keep reading!

1 comment:

  1. I do facial exercises. I open my mouth slightly and pull my lower jaw up. I have been doing this for about six months and my " turkey " :) part of my neck is very firm. I lost that double chin look and now have a truly firm neck. I am not certain as to where I found this but I promise it worked . I understand that this is not the be all to the ole turkey situation but it is a good thing to do until you can get what the Dr. ordered!
    I thank you for hearing about My solution to a common aging process. I am NOT a Doctor and I do NOT play one on TV..
    Smiles to all,
    MissStress

    ReplyDelete